Governing Board

Stoke Holy Cross Primary School Governing Board for September 2017 - July 2018

Full Name Governor Term of Office Type of Governor Specific Roles Profile
Paula Allard ________________ 5th May 2017 – 4th May 2021 Co-opted Governor Cluster Paula is a teacher at a local secondary school, she has been a co-opted governor at the school since May 2017. Paula sits on the curriculum and personnel committees.
Peter Barber ________________ 19th Sept 2014 – 9th Sept 2018 Co-opted Governor Vice-chair of Governors, Safeguarding Peter is retired after 47 years working in commercial property management mainly for Aviva (Norwich Union) and latterly for various clients throughout the UK. He is married with 2 grown up children and has lived in Stoke Holy Cross most of his life. He has obtained a Diploma in English Local History (UEA) and has a continuing involvement in local history research particularly the built environment. He also has an interest in heritage aviation. He has been a Governor since 2013 and attends the Premises and Finance committees
Tim Bishop ________________ 15th Dec 2014 – 13th Dec 2018 Co-opted Governor Pupil Premium Tim is the Chief Executive of the Forum Trust, the educational charity that runs the Forum building in Norwich City Centre. He was a journalist with the EDP and Evening News before joining the BBC as an Education Correspondent. He has three children and lives in Upper Stoke.
Chris Boss ________________ 10th Sept 2014 – 9th Sept 2018 Co-opted Governor   Chris is an Actuary working for Aviva. Chris joined the school as a governor in 2010. He chairs the Finance committee and also sits on the Curriculum committee
Jeannette Chaney ________________   Headteacher    
Ian Galloway ________________ 11th May 2017 – 10th May 2021 Parent Governor   Ian joined as a parent governor in May 2017 and sits on the Finance, Premises and Personnel committees. For his day job, Ian is a company director working in healthcare.
Claire Henry ________________ 23rd May 2016 – 22nd May 2020 Co-opted Governor Well-being I have been a daily visitor at Stoke Holy Cross Primary School since 2005 when my first child joined Foundation Class. I was involved in the School Association and even worked as a Teaching Assistant for a couple of terms to help out before opening School’s Out. I joined the school governors in September 2016 with the aim of doing my best for every child at the school
Jim Hopper ________________ 10th Sept 2014 – 9th Sept 2018 Co-opted Governor Educational visits I was born in Holkham, Norfolk and educated locally. I worked as a Herdsman before moving to Dairy Crest and then on to Dairyland where I became Production Manager, making ice cream, before I retired. I live in the village with my wife and we have four sons and two Granddaughters. My interests are Gardening, any kind of sport and helping in the community. I enjoy being involved with the Foundation Class, helping with Forest School and helping on school outings.
Steve Hurrell ________________ 10th Sept 2014 – 9th Sept 2018 Co-opted Governor Chair of Governors Steve is the director of a furniture making and woodworking business based locally. Steve joined as a parent governor in December 2011 and is currently the Chair of Governors and sits on the Premises and Personnel Committees.
Cheryl Kingsland ________________ 7th July 2016 – 6th July 2020 Co-opted Governor SEND, Cluster Cheryl joined as a parent governor in December 2011. Cheryl is currently a co-opted governor and currently sits on the Curriculum and Finance committees. She is also the governor for SEN
Lyn Marsh  _______________ 10th Jan 2017 – 9th Jan 2021 LA Governor   Lyn works as an Administrator at the University of East Anglia. She has lived in Stoke Holy Cross since 1998 with her husband Gary. She is a Parish Councillor and Curate (Assistant Minister) in the Venta Group of churches which includes Stoke Holy Cross. Both her two children attended the school. Lyn has been a governor since 2013 and sits on the Personnel committee.
Nick Mayhew ________________ 10th Feb 2015 – 9th Feb 2019 Parent Governor E-safety, Pupil Voice Nick is a Supply Chain Manager at Aviva. Nick joined the school governors in 2015, and sits on the Premises and Personnel Committees.
Julia Moncrieff ________________ 23rd Feb 2017 – 22nd Feb 2021 Staff Governor   Julia joined as a staff governor in February 2017. Julia currently sits on the Curriculum committee.

Stoke Holy Cross Primary School Governing Board for September 2017 - July 2018

Committees

Curriculum
Claire Henry Chair
Chris Boss Vice-chair
Peter Barber
Paula Allard
Jeannette Chaney
Julia Moncrieff
Cheryl Kingsland
Finance & Premises
Chris Boss Chair